- Being an important source of direct and indirect employment.
- Commitment to the development of our stakeholder specially our employees, customers, suppliers, the community and all private and public institutions related to us.
- Contribution to the country trade balance with our exports and reducing imports through our local manufacturing.
- Investments in our industrial park and our production capacity.
- Correct and on time payment of our taxes and obligations with all control entities.
- Being responsible to the environment and complying with all legal regulations.
Our Social Responsibility chapter is based on the following principles:
Some examples of our Social Responsibility programs:
1. Support to an orphanage in Quito-Ecuador
Children represent the future and we want to support children that are in need. We have developed a long-term relationship with this institution. They help more than one hundred children who have been abandoned by their parents.
We make an annual contribution to support them and provide them with all of our personal care products. In return, they have allowed us to maintain a quality laboratory in their baby care section where we can validate our products and keep improving them.
Professional nurses from Zaimella train their people on how to better use our products. We are also able to recover all used diapers to make an after-use performance and quality tests. New developments are born here where we collect important feedback from our nurses and use it to learn and improve our products.
2. Pototin franchises: A new distribution channel
50% of the diaper market in Ecuador is composed of thousands of mom & pop stores focused on personal and home care products. They are all small, informal and independently owned stores.
Since the beginning we opened a small retail store in our factory to sell our line of products and to experience interaction with customers. This experience together with a market of disorganized and dispersed mom-and-pop stores, led us to create a chain of retail stores managed as franchises. We trained small entrepreneurs without business experience and integrated into the Zaimella business. Today this distribution channel reaches more than 100 retail stores and it contributes an important share of our sales. These entrepreneurs also provide us with unparalleled national coverage and help us to control and stabilize an important portion of the market.
This is the official website of Global Zaimella.